Recipe by Kim127
I haven't tried this yet, but I wanted to make sure I didn't lose the recipe and so posted it here. I'll be waiting for my garden tomatoes for this one!
Top Review by susie cooks
This is very good. But it did turn the scallops a weird color. I added green pepper as suggested in other reviews and it turned out great. Next time I make this I am going to use a white wine instead of red.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspooon dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse scallops and set aside.
- In a large saute pan heat oil and then add scallions, garlic, tomatoes, wine, vinegar, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes and until vigorously boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add scallops to tomatoes and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until scallops are done.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and toss.
- Sprinkle each serving with the Parmesan cheese.