Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but I wanted to make sure I didn't lose the recipe and so posted it here. I'll be waiting for my garden tomatoes for this one!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspooon dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse scallops and set aside.
- In a large saute pan heat oil and then add scallions, garlic, tomatoes, wine, vinegar, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes and until vigorously boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add scallops to tomatoes and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until scallops are done.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and toss.
- Sprinkle each serving with the Parmesan cheese.
This is very good. But it did turn the scallops a weird color. I added green pepper as suggested in other reviews and it turned out great. Next time I make this I am going to use a white wine instead of red.
This was a really nice scallop dish. I think the sauce could have been a bit richer in flavour. I'd also be interested in trying the sauce with white wine and white wine vinegar next time. Thanks Kim!
I liked this a lot! I used bay scallops, because I like the way the smaller scallops mix with pasta, and they didn't turn purple at all. I do agree with ellie, though, in that I think that mushrooms or green peppers would be a nice addition to make the tomato sauce a bit more robust.