Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A herb and lemon vinaigrette dresses these pan-fried scallops in this quick and fresh starter.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 scallops, halved
- Put all but 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into a frying pan and heat. Add the parsley, garlic and lemon zest and cook for a minute. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Add the lemon juice and balsamic, season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in another frying pan. Season the scallops on both sides and add to the frying pan. Fry for a minute or so, to get a nice golden crust on the underside, then turn and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve the scallops with the parsley vinaigrette.