Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw this recipe on KQED's Everday Food. It looked so good I had to find it and share with everyone.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, skins removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 lb large scallop, muscles removed, cut in half horizontally
- 1 -2 bunch baby arugula (about 1/2 a pound)
- In a large skillet, stirring frequently, cook butter over medium heat until golden brown and most of the foam has subsided. Immediately transfer butter to a small bowl. Stir in hazelnuts and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm. Wipe out pan with a paper towel.
- Season scallops generously with salt and pepper. Place same skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, cook scallops in two batches until browned and opaque in the center. Turn over once, about 2 minutes total.
- Top Arugula with scallops and spoon hazelnut butter over the scallops to dress.