Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy entry that make it possible to enjoy a lovely dinner, even at the most hectic times.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces bay scallops
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over high heat.
- Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add scallops and basil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and heat, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
I prepped everything ahead of time and then started it and a bowl of angelhair pasta in the microwave at the same time. Eight minutes from start of cooking to dinner. Great for a quick, tasty elegant dinner. My only problem was thinking of cooking the basil for several minutes. I waited until the very end to add it. I wish I could have reduced the vinegar a bit more but did not want to toughen the scallops.