Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sea scallops marinated, then poached in wine and served with a creamy mushroom-wine sauce.
Make and share this Scallops in Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and dry scallops. Place scallops in a bowl and cover with wine; add bay leaf and marinate about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, slice mushrooms and set aside. Separate eggs, this recipe only uses the yolks. Beat the yolks slightly.
- Cook the scallops for 15 minutes in the wine over medium-low heat. When done, remove cooked scallops from saucepan and season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- In the meantime, sauté the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Bring the marinade/cooking liquid to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon butter. Slowly whisk in egg yolks to thicken. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange buttered toast on individual dishes. Top each with scallops and sautéed mushrooms. Spoon wine sauce over top and garnish with parsley and lemon wedge. (The original recipes calls for the bread to be fried in butter, so do that if you wish).