Sea scallops marinated, then poached in wine and served with a creamy mushroom-wine sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry scallops. Place scallops in a bowl and cover with wine; add bay leaf and marinate about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, slice mushrooms and set aside. Separate eggs, this recipe only uses the yolks. Beat the yolks slightly.
- 2Cook the scallops for 15 minutes in the wine over medium-low heat. When done, remove cooked scallops from saucepan and season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- 3In the meantime, sauté the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- 4Bring the marinade/cooking liquid to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon butter. Slowly whisk in egg yolks to thicken. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- 5To serve, arrange buttered toast on individual dishes. Top each with scallops and sautéed mushrooms. Spoon wine sauce over top and garnish with parsley and lemon wedge. (The original recipes calls for the bread to be fried in butter, so do that if you wish).
Browse Our Top New Zealand Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All New Zealand Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops in Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.0
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.2 mg
- Sodium 360.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 20.5 g