Recipe by Jajaja
This is fast, rich, and delicious. It is from Southern Living where it called for dry vermouth, but I accidently used the sweet variety and still enjoyed the result. The following is what I worked with.
Top Review by southern belle 55
great recipe!! very easy. next time will add some shallots and garlic after removing scallops. a little lemon juice with the vermouth. alittle tarragon into the cream sauce.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sweet vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the scallops with flour, dusting off excess.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the scallops and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, till they are opaque, and then remove from skillet.
- Add vermouth to the skillet and scrape the pan to loosen bits stuck to the bottom.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the volume of liquid by half.
- Stir in cream, salt, and pepper and turn heat down to low.
- Add the scallops back to the pan and cook till heated through.