Recipe by Bluenoser
a real family pleaser
Top Review by Marsha D.
This was a good casserole. I did had whipping cream for a richer flavor and added a Tbs. of minced garlic in the sauce and about 2Tbs of green bell pepper too. I sliced the hot dogs into round pieces and scattered them across each layer of potatoes. Used 8oz of shredded cheddar cheese over top. Turned out delicious! Thanks for sharing!
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 4 1⁄2 cups potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions and potatoes in one inch of boiling watch to which the 2 tsps of salt has been added.
- After boiling 5 minutes, drain.
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, paprika and milk.
- Stirring constantly, cook until smooth and thick.
- In a 2 quart casserole, arrange 1/3 of the vegetable mixture, topped with half of the hot dogs, which have been sliced lengthwise.
- Repeat 2 more layers.
- Arrange cheese slices on top.
- Bake 45 mins 400F.