Recipe by Impera_Magna
I've had this recipe for longer than I care to remember. My SIL served it to me a million years ago; I loved it and was surprised that it contained eggplant... which I thought I didn't like. It is yummy!
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing or 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook eggplant in salted, boiling water for 6-7 minutes until tender; drain.
- Mix soup and milk in large bowl; add egg.
- Stir in eggplant, onion, and bread crumbs, tossing lightly to mix.
- Turn into a greased 8x8" or 10x6" pan; sprinkle w/ grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.