Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These potatoes were always made for Christmas or other family get togethers growing up. This is fairly simple and comes out tasting great! I used to make these more especially when our budget was tight and it helped that it only needed a few ingredients! Enjoy!
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (I Prefer Kosher salt, but regular table salt is fine)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 10 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 Degrees. Shred the cheddar and parmesan cheeses.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into slices. Lay the sliced potatoes into a large baking dish in even rows.
- Season the potatoes well with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powders to taste. Add the butter by dropping small dallops all around the potaotes, making sure to add butter all around evenly. It may need more butter than listed. Pour the canned milk over the potaotes. Sprinkle the shredded cheeses on top.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes and the potaotes are tender and the cheese is melted.
These potatoes are wonderful and wonderfully easy to prepare. I made these as written using fat free evaporated milk. I covered them and baked for 40 minutes then baked them uncovered for an additional 15 minutes. Thanx for sharing. I'll make these again.
These are amazing and gluten free! Our new scalloped potatoes in our house! :)
These are great! I did increase the amount of garlic and onion powder (actually doubled each) but I think my quantity of potatoes was a bit more than recipe called for. Also layered thinly sliced onion between layers of sliced potatoes. My husband absolutely loves this recipe. Thanks so much for posting it!!