Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
- 1⁄3 cup egg white (2 1/2 large)
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil, for brushing pan
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed
- In medium saucepan, combine lentils and 3 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until lentils are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain, transfer to medium bowl and set aside.
- While lentils are cooking, preapre crepes. In large bowl, whisk together egg whites and soy milk until well combined.
- Whisk in honey, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, sugar and scallions. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth.
- Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over low heat. Brush with a little vegetable oil. When pan is hot, pour 3 tablespoons batter into center of pan and quickly rotate pan to spread batter evenly.
- Cook until holes appear on top and underside is light golden brown, about 1 minute. Turn crepe; cook 1 minute more.
- Transfer to platter or sheet of waxed paper; do not stack. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 crepes, brushing pan with more vegetable oil between batches. Set aside.
- In small nonstick skillet, cook sesame seeds over low heat, stirring often, until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, lemon juice, cornstarch and remaining 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil; add to sesame seeds.
- Return skillet to medium heat and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Immediately pour mixture over lentils; stir to combine.
- Fill each crepe with 1/4 cup lentil mixture, roll up and serve immediately.