Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from Canadian Catholic Ladies Treasured Family Recipes
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can kernel corn
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Break cheese into small pieces.
- Fry bacon with onions, add tomatoes and corn.
- When boiling, add cheese and cook only until cheese has melted.
- Serve Hot.
This reminisces of the Cajun dish maque choux with the addition of cheese. I added a healthy dose of black pepper and some salt. One thing for certain, this recipe's quicker than bathing a cat. Made for PRMR.