My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lb smoked ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 8 puff pastry sheets, 5 x 5 inches (purchased or home-made from a standard recipe)
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 7 tablespoons red jelly or 7 tablespoons jam, such as currant,cherry,raspberry or strawberry
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar, to desired sweetness
- 1 ounce fresh peeled gingerroot, to taste
- 1Whisk together first 3 ingredients.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Process ham in a food processor or chop with a knife until finely minced.
- 4In a bowl, combine ham, cheese, and apricot mixture until blended.
- 5Place ½ cup of ham mixture in the center of each 5 x 5-inch pastry square.
- 6Moisten edges around filling with egg white.
- 7Put opposite edges together to form triangle.
- 8Press edges to seal.
- 9Place on lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- 10Trim any extra pastry from tips of triangle and use scraps of pastry to decorate top of triangular puffs.
- 11Use tines of fork to press joined sides of triangle to secure seal.
- 12Brush entire top with egg white.
- 13Repeat with remaining pastry sheets and filling.
- 14Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastries are puffed high and golden brown.
- 15Serve puffs hot from the oven topped with fruit sauce and sprigs of fresh herbs.
- 16Prepare sauce by blending together the last four ingredients in a blender or a food processor.
- 17Process until ginger root is pureed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Ham Puffs with Fruit Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1656.4
- Calories from Fat 923
- Total Fat 102.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 1214.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g