Savoury Ham Puffs with Fruit Sauce
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Process ham in a food processor or chop with a knife until finely minced.
- In a bowl, combine ham, cheese, and apricot mixture until blended.
- Place ½ cup of ham mixture in the center of each 5 x 5-inch pastry square.
- Moisten edges around filling with egg white.
- Put opposite edges together to form triangle.
- Press edges to seal.
- Place on lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Trim any extra pastry from tips of triangle and use scraps of pastry to decorate top of triangular puffs.
- Use tines of fork to press joined sides of triangle to secure seal.
- Brush entire top with egg white.
- Repeat with remaining pastry sheets and filling.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastries are puffed high and golden brown.
- Serve puffs hot from the oven topped with fruit sauce and sprigs of fresh herbs.
- Prepare sauce by blending together the last four ingredients in a blender or a food processor.
- Process until ginger root is pureed.