Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm always on the look out for savoury muffins and looking forward to trying these!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 25 g butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Sift flour, salt, mustard and baking powder.
- Rub in butter.
- Beat together egg and milk, then add cottage cheese, parsley and onion. Mix well.
- Stir liquid into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Three quaters fill greased muffin pans, then sprinkle mixed grated cheese and paprika over muffins.
- Bake at 200 C for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I love these muffins and get favourable comments everywhere I take them. Great as mini muffins served warm.
This recipe was not a success. We found it rather bland and heavy. Maybe I messed up, but it wasn't a favorite.