Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This nice as a luncheon dish served with bacon and a salad.
- Take slices of sandwich bread and put thick sliced cheese on three of them and spread with mustard.
- Top with the other slices and cut into quarters.
- Stand these in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with a tsp of garlic salt. Beat together eggs and milk, pour over the bread making sure all the bread is dampened.
- Cover and leave to stand at least 30 minutes, spooning milk over the exposed bread every now and then.
- Cook uncovered at 190 C 30 - 45 minutes, depending on the depth of the dish, until crisp and golden brown and centre is set. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.