Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A colourful dish that makes a nice, vegetarian, main course.
- 400 g potatoes, diced
- 2 aubergines, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 (410 g) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 head garlic, roasted until soft
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 100 g fine green beans, trimmed and cooked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400 degrees F.
- First place the potatoes in a roasting pan with two tablespoons olive oil, lemon zest and rosemary.
- Season, toss well and roast for 30 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Next, brush the aubergine with some of the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes in about one tablespoon of the olive oil, season and set aside.
- Heat the cannellini beans, in a small pan with three tablespoons of the olive oil, the lemon juice and garlic.
- Season, then mash or purée in a food processor.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Serve the aubergine on a bed of the bean purée with the green beans and potatoes, topped with the tomatoes.