Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun spices (or more, to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 2 cups wild blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Dust chicken breasts with Cajun spices.
- Saute in olive oil until brown and almost cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- (If thick, cover for 3 or 4 minutes more.) Remove chicken breasts from pan and keep warm.
- In same pan, sautÈ garlic and onion until transparent, scraping remaining bits of chicken from bottom of pan.
- Add red wine and cook down until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add Wild Blueberries, lemon rind and salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- (If blueberries are frozen, until berries are heated through.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, heat off, for flavors to blend.
- Spoon over chicken breasts and serve.
Yuck not for me! Maybe this would do better on red meat rather than chicken. But the blue juice running into the white chicken meat made it look like a three day old crime scene.
Tasty! I used 3/4 of merlot to make sure it was saucy. Thanks!
Tasty! I used a little butter also. We used a berry mix (boysenberries, black and blueberries) and it was good