Recipe by Sherri Dodsworth
This is delicious served with black beans and yellow rice as sides. My husband just raves about this recipe which I made up one evening while looking for something other than chicken to accompany rice and beans.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 scallions, sliced thin,green part included
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup extra dry vermouth
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1 dash Old Bay Seasoning
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, scallions, tomato and garlic.
- Saute over medium heat until limp.
- Add fish sauce and lemon juice.
- Add vermouth.
- Add shrimp and cook until just pink, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with Old Bay and ground pepper.