Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
From Campbell's Meal Mail.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 lbs boneless round steak or 3 lbs rump roast
- 1 (14 ounce) canswanson seasoned beef broth, with onions
- 3⁄4 cup 100% vegetable V8 vegetable juice
- 2 cups whole fresh baby carrots or 2 cups frozen baby carrots
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- HEAT oil in saucepot. Add roast and cook until browned on all sides. Pour off fat.
- ADD broth and vegetable juice. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 1 hours 45 minute
- ADD vegetables. Cover and cook 30 minute or until vegetables are tender. Remove roast and vegetables and keep warm.
- MIX flour and water. Add to saucepot. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Serve with roast and vegetables.
I received this recipe this past week from Swanson's. We liked it really well. I didn't cook it on the stove tho. I put it in the oven and finished it off. I found it made quite a bit of liquid. I didn't think it needed the vegetable juice, so I'll leave it out next time. A great tasting dish.