Recipe by HeatherFeather
These small savory loaves are perfect for gift giving or when you just want enough bread for a small portion to accompany soup. One small loaf is the perfect size for 2-3 servings and you can freeze the second loaf if you like. I originally obtained this recipe after I saw it demonstrated on a cooking program called All in Good Taste.
Top Review by TheDancingCook
Different and good! I baked this in one large loaf pan; I would suggest baking in a smaller loaf pan (as Heather did) or a multiple mini-loaves pan for a thicker loaf. 1/4 lb of pistachios perfectly equaled 1/3 cup. No matter what size, very good bread! Hint of sweetness, hint of saltiness. Great warmed with some butter.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml milk (skim is OK)
- 2 large eggs
- 78.07 ml chopped pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two small loaf pans (I use the small disposable tin foil ones sold in 3-packs for gift giving).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk oil, milk, and eggs until combined and smooth.
- In a larger bowl, combine all dry ingredients,except nuts.
- Combine the wet& dry mixtures using a spoon just until combined- just don't overmix or it will toughen the bread.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pans and bake approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.