1 hr 15 mins
Boo Chef in West Texas's Note:
posted for ZWT
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mild taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- prepared guacamole
- cilantro leaf (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine warm mashed potatoes, flour, cornmeal, 3 tablespoons oil, garlic salt and black pepper in large bowl; mix into smooth dough.
- 3Dust hands with flour. Press potato mixture onto bottom and up side of ungreased 10-inch flan or tart pan with removable bottom; set aside.
- 4Combine taco sauce with onion in small bowl; spread evenly over potato mixture. Top potato mixture with chicken, cheese and jalapeno. Sprinkle with oregano and remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- 5Bake 30 minutes or until potato mixture is heated through. Cool tart slightly, about 10 minutes.
- 6Carefully loosen tart from rim of pan using table knife. Remove rim from pan.
- 7Remove potato tart from pan bottom; cut into wedges. Serve with guacamole. Garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Mexican Potato Tart
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 281.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 11.1 g