Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you are looking for a quick and easy loaf recipe, this is definitely the one! It's always a favorite for my guests! I've modified the recipe slightly to make it low fat without losing any of the original flavour or texture.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 6 tablespoons egg whites
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar (topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (topping)
- 4 teaspoons butter (topping)
- Mix milk and lemon juice in a measuring cup and let sit 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients (batter), including the milk EXCEPT for the last 3 together (topping) with a hand mixer.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the last 3 ingredients (topping) together using a fork.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan or 2 loaf pans and cut the topping into the batter by spoonful into the top of the loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Enjoy!