Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A super fast weeknight meal that takes less then 1/2 an hour to prepare. Serve with rice and a vegetable to complete your meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 slices fresh lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat with the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken, turning once for 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sir in the broth, 2/3 cup fried onions, lemon juice and the lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle the remaining fried onions over the chicken before serving.