Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Delicious baked and stuffed tomatoes; could be used as a main dish or side dish
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove stems from tomatoes and cut them in half crosswise.
- Place cut-side up on a 15"x10"x1" jelly roll pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together all other ingredients.
- Spoon a heaping tablespooonful of the crumb mixture on each tomato half.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through, but still firm.