Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is out-of-this-world tasty. I promise you that you and yours will not be disappointed!
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 French-fried onions, divided (I use French’s)
- 283.49 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml ground mustard
- 2.46 ml hot sauce (I prefer Franks Red-hot)
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops, ½ to ¾ inch thick
- PREHEAT oven to 350F; In a 12 x 8-inch baking dish layer half the potatoes and 2/3 cup french fried onions; Top with mushrooms and remaining potatoes.
- MELT butter in a small saucepan, stir in soy sauce, mustard, hot sauce and garlic powder.
- BRUSH half the soy sauce mixture over potatoes.
- HEAT oil in a large skillet and brown chops on both sides; Drain.
- ARRANGE chops over potatoes and brush with remaining soy sauce mixture.
- BAKE covered at 350F for 1 hour; Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until pork chops and potatoes are done.
- TOP chops with remaining 2/3 cup onions and bake uncovered 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
This is one of those recipes that will become a family favorite. Adults and children alike will enjoy this "comfort food". Great for a winter's night or a Sunday dinner. The only change I would make is to decrease the soy sauce, as it is a bit too salty for my tastes.
This is a very easy and tasty dish. Everyone in the family loved it. I followed the recipe and it was soooooo good. I'll make this dish again, soon. Thanks for sharing this.