Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy healthy soup! It's super easy to divide this recipe. This is also good in the crock pot!
Make and share this Savory Chicken & Veggie Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 small onions, chopped (or one very large)
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 cups water
- 9 teaspoons chicken base, I like Better Than Bouillon brand
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- dried parsley
- Heat the butter in a large kettle.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, bell peppers, and garlic. Saute until the veggies soften.
- Add the water, chicken base, poultry seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the parsley to taste, enjoy!