Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted to be vegetarian friendly from Sandra Lee's Money -Saving Meals I think a vegetable added to these would taste better, but I have not figured out what kind yet. Sandra added mushrooms to hers, but I cannot deal with the fungi.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 78.07 ml swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml soymilk
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, day old, cubed
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cheese, eggs,soy milk, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Add the cubed bread to the egg mixture and let the egg and bread mixture sit for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator to allow the bread to absorb the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the egg mixture from the refrigerator, Ladle the bread pudding mixture into the muffin tins and bake until set, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the puddings from the muffin tins to a serving platter and serve.
This has got to be one of my best finds of PAC, these things are fabulous!!!! I halved the recipe and ended up with 5 nice big muffin/puddings. Great as is, I added some finely chopped bacon and onion, if you wanted to add veggies I'd suggest something like squash, broccoli, spinach (probably be fab with spinach and maybe a little goatcheese), mushrooms are probably great but I'm also not a fungi lover. I didnt have a baguette, so just used bread slices, guessing a bit for the amount, but it worked out fine. LOVE these!!! Thanks, Dusty and Sarah, made for PAC Fall 2012
This is a good recipe. I have tweaked it a bit and tried it as an appetizer for thanksgiving by adding 3/4 cup of chopped craisins, cheddar instead of Swiss, 2% milk and a pound of ground turkey. Baked in mini muffins tins and they just fly off the plate.
Great blend of flavors but the texture just kind of threw me off. I should have known better as I've never eaten regular bread pudding as I don't like the idea of soggy bread. But for you that do this is one great recipe and so easy to get ready. DH really liked it and I think most will. But for me, the bread texture just wasn't for me; that said again I did enjoy the blend of flavors and the ease of making. Made for I recommend game, holiday edition 2012