Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook years ago don't remember which one but I will tell you my family loves these beans, and I hope you will too.
- 2 lbs green beans, ends snipped and broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cored and chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, to taste, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- In a large frying pan add to it the oil and garlic, onion and pepper and saute.
- next add green beans and hot water and toss basil into pan, allow it to come to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer and cover with a lid.
- let cook about 15 mins or until you feel beans are tender,.
- remove from heat and add cheese, let cheese melt and serve.