1/1 Photo of Savannah Sweet Potato Bread
1 hr 20 mins
A nice fall bread excellent spread with cream cheese or butter. Sort of on the idea of a pumpkin bread. This was a recipe from Lord & Taylor from quite a few years ago. They had a salute to Savannah Geeorgia and were serving miniatures of this bread at their store resturants. Our Local Paper snagged the recipe from their chef.
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, cream butter untill smooth. Add brown sugar, mixing until blended.
- 2Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 3Blend in mashed sweet potatoes, nutmeg and allspice, mixing well.
- 4Add sifted flour alternately with milk, mixing until smooth. Fold in chopped pecans and grated orange rind.
- 5Transfer batter to a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 5/8 inch loaf pan.
- 6Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven, 45 to 50 minutes, or until loaf springs back to touch and starts to leave sides of pan.
- 7Let cool in pan, on a rack for 10 minutes. Shake loaf loose and turn out onto a rack and cool completely before wrapping in foil to store.
- 8Slice and serve plain or with butter or softened cream cheese.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savannah Sweet Potato Bread
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 322.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g