Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
A unique side dish for most any meal. You can either use a food processor to shred the zucchini, or use a box grater, like I did.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (3 small zucchinis or 2 large ones)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the shredded zucchini.
- Sautee the zucchini, stirring frequently,until zucchini is cooked through but not too mushy.
- Lower heat, add the nutmeg, salt and pepper (Nutmeg is a very strong spice and you really don't need any more than the 1/8 teaspoon).
- Stir the spices into the zucchini and serve.
This was a huge hit at our house, we had no leftovers, and a couple of people were disappointed that we ran out so soon. Simple and easy to make , except for the shredding, if I ever get a food processor then it should be a breeze.
We really enjoyed this. The nutmeg adds a really nice flavour to the zucchini. I will definitely be cooking zucchini this way again. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting.