Recipe by Dancer^
This is a nice little dish, the flavours blend so nicely. Its become a favorite around here. This recipe can be doubled ot tripled.
Top Review by eskielover
I chose to roast a chicken for dinner and used the chicken giblets (cooked and chopped) in the sauteed zucchini. It was outstanding! My husband scarfed it up like a starving man! :-)
- 1 lb zucchini, chopped
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- While the grill was heating,
- Wash the two zucchini's, (about eight inches in length each), chop off the ends, and discard.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise twice and chopped into quarter inch sections.
- Clean about 4 ounces of button mushrooms and sliced them.
- Chop and mince shallot, about one tablespoon worth.
- Heat a skillet with one tablespoon olive oil.
- When the oil stated to shimmer, throw in the minced shallot and kept it moving in the pan until evenly browned.
- Turning the heat to medium-low, throw the sliced mushrooms in, tossed them so the oil evenly coated them.
- Sprinkled a dash (two pinches or 1/8 teaspoon) of kosher salt over the mushrooms.
- After a few seconds, toss them again so the other sides would brown a little.
- Once a decent amount of liquid had evaporated from the mushrooms, add the chopped squash to the pan, sprinkling on an additional dash of salt.
- Turning the heat back up to medium-high, allow the squash to cook, tossing them every ten or fifteen seconds.
- Once some of the zucchini picked up some brown caramelized bits, turn off the heat and pour the vegetables into a bowl.