Clapshot (Potatoes, Carrots & Rutabaga)
photo by BecR2400
- Ready In:
- Peel the rutabaga and cut it in thin slices.
- Put it in a large pot with plenty of water and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut them in thick slices.
- When the rutabaga has been cooking for about 10 minutes, add the carrots.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, and cut them into large chunks.
- When the rutabaga has been cooking for 20 minutes (total) add the potatoes, and cook for about another 20 minutes.
- When all the vegetables are tender, drain them and mash them with the butter, salt and pepper.
- These are delicious mashed somewhat coarsely and served as-is.
- You can also purée them very well, beat in the egg, and turn them into a buttered casserole dish, then bake them until lightly toasted on top.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to garden, both perennials and vegetables. I am always looking for recipes to fiddle with, especially good simple vegetable dishes. I try to use organic ingredients as much as possible.