Sauteed Watercress With Yellow Squash and Sesame Seeds
- Stir together soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Cut a 1/4-inch-thick slice lengthwise from each of the 4 sides of squash. Discard squash core, then cut slices lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick strips.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté squash, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add watercress and half of soy mixture, then cook, stirring, until watercress is just wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer vegetables with tongs to a small bowl, discarding any excess liquid.
- Drizzle with remaining soy mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.