Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious side dish, goes well with chicken, pork, or beef dish.
- 2 -3 cups mushrooms, baby bella portabella, any kind you prefer
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup sherry wine
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat in a medium skillet olive oil and butter on medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms, shallots and rosemary (keep rosemary on the twig for easy removal later).
- Sprinkle mushrooms with seasonings and brown for approx 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and continue cooking on med-low heat until moisture is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes), stirring ocasionally.
- Remove rosemary twigs and serve as a side dish.
- Tips: If serving in a bowl, dress bowl with Italian or regular parsley for a more pleasing look. If serving with dinner a red wine use a Marsala cooking wine instead of white/Sherry.
These were served as a side to Balsamic Chicken and Onions and will be served again with steak. The mushrooms were crimmini mushrooms that were cut into large slices. The dish is very flavorful. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*.