Recipe by breezermom
Although the recipe calls for port, you can use any relatively sweet red wine in this recipe. I like to use this when my grocery store puts pork tenderloin "buy one get one free"!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin, usually I get 2 3/4 lb tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup port wine or 1⁄4 cup other sweet red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- If you have one large tenderloin, cut it into 16 medallions. If you have 2 small tenderloins, cut each one into 8 slices. Sprinkle with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Saute pork slices in oil in a large skillet for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer pork to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Drain the fat from the skillet; add onion and garlic, and saute 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned -- be careful not to burn it.
- Add wine, water, and vinegar; stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered, until the liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Add the butter, stirring until the butter melts. Spoon sauce over the pork; sprinkle with cilantro.