Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This dish is very simple and the colors of the veggies make a very pretty presentation. Absolutely love the veggie "sauce". Keep meaning to try this with chicken but haven't gotten around to it yet.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 4 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Saute onion and yellow pepper with salt, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over high heat until just smoking, then saute chops until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chops to a platter and keep warm, covered.
- Return onion and yellow pepper to skillet and add tomatoes. Saute over moderately high heat, stirring, until tomatoes are slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chops topped with onion, peppers and tomato.