chef blade's Note:
This technique can be applied to bone-in chicken thighs (remove flesh from the bone, and pound)or an even easier option of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Serve with warm pasta, steamed potatoes, or rice, with a little marinera sauce on both the meat and starch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Nip into the chops where the flesh meets the bone, about 1/4".
- 2Cover with wax paper and GENTLY pound meat until thin, and doubled in size.
- 3Season meat with scant salt and pepper.
- 4LIGHTLY dust each side with the flour.
- 5Mix the herbs, crumbs and parmesan.
- 6Dip chops into beaten egg and DRAIN.
- 7Firmly push chops into bread crumbs in large plate on both sides.
- 8Let sit 5 minutes.
- 9Heat oil and butter in heavy skillet to medium high,375.
- 10Saute both sides of the chops until dark golden brown, total of 5 minutes, NOT overlapping in skillet Remove to oven-proof platter.
- 11Top each chop with one slice tomato and mozzarella.
- 12Place in pre-heated oven (350) for 6 to 7 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Pork Chops Milanese
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.8
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 219.9 mg
- Sodium 740.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 42.4 g