Prep 6 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom used to make this for us when times were tight - it remains one of my favorite comfort foods to this day.
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni (store brand works fine)
- 1 package hot dog, sliced (can be regular, all beef or turkey - I suppose you could also use veggie dogs)
- 1 -2 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions and drain when done cooking.
- While macaroni is cooking, saute onions and garlic in butter until onions are translucent.
- Add hot dog slices and saute until slightly browned.
- Add drained macaroni and saute until macaroni is coated with butter and slightely browned on the bottom.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with ketchup if desired.
Very good, and affordable too:)