Recipe by Abby Girl
These are a wonderful way to cook Brussels Sprouts...just a little bit out of the ordinary. My daughter, who would have never approached this veggie was first intrigued by the smell, saying that it smelled wonderful...she nibbled off my plate, then came in for another taster. Since I had not planned on her eating this, she scarfed down the last in the pot! I have some wonderful recipes for this veggie, but this had become one of my all time favorite!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic, finely choppped
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved and broken apart into leaves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok or large, deep skillet on medium high heat. Add garlic and cook gently until fragrant -- about 1 minute.
- Add sprout leaves and cook for 1 minute. Add water and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring for 2 - 3 minutes, or until water evaporates.
- If capers are large, coarsely chop. Stir in capers, parsley and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.