Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy, and quite elegant. Serve as a first course with crusty french bread for dipping....mmmmm!
- 1 can quartered artichoke heart, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2-1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oil in a sauteé pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and artichokes and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauteé garlic and artichokes 3-5 minutes, add remaining ingredients and lower heat to medium low.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
An excellent appetizer! The flavors of the lemon, wine and garlic are hard to beat. I only used 1/2 cup of the white wine so I wouldn't overpower the delicate artichokes. For added color, I garnished with minced parsley. It was beautiful, and the taste was wonderful. Everyone did enjoy eating this flavorful dish. Thanks for sharing this keeper, canarygirl! I will definately make this one again. Tasty and easy, who could ask for more?
Served this as a side dish and all found the lemon taste to be too overpowering. Other than that, it seemed okay and smelled quite good while it was cooking. Used 1/2 cup of wine.
Loved this! Served with Pollo en Adobo, crusty Spanish rolls, and Gaspacho. Even my 5 y/o ate everything! Next time i will have to double this so i can have some of the leftovers lol.