Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a tasty dish using beef liver and Chinese Garlic Chives (Nira) for a Japanese style recipe.
Make and share this Sauted Liver With Chives Japanese Style recipe from Food.com.
- Cut up the beef liver into small bite size pieces and then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl add the soy sauce, sake, grated ginger and then add the beef livers (mix with the liquids) and let marinate for about 15 or more minutes, set aside.
- Add to a wok 2 tablespoons peanut oil until hot.
- Then remove the livers from the bowl (retaining the marinade), dredge in the tapioca starch and place into the heated wok. Cook and turn the pieces until almost fully cooked and then remove to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to the wok and add the Chinese chives, sauté for about 1 minute.
- Then add back into the wok the livers, the retained marinade and stir-fry briefly… add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you use a micro wave to re-heat some leftovers the next day (dish covered in plastic wrap), it will dry out the chives to much and they become to hard for an otherwise nice meal.