- 2 yellow plantains
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel plantains and slice into ¼ inch slices. Place in a large plastic bag with spices. Shake well to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter with ½ teaspoon oil.
- Add half of the plantains, in a single layer, and cook until golden and tender, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining butter, oil and plantains. Serve hot.