Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 1 3⁄4 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- In a small skillet, brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix, sage, and thyme.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the cheese and sausage.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
These were very good muffins! I wanted to freeze some muffins for the holidays, and these were excellent. I made the recipe excactly as directed, except substituting cheddar for Swiss (all I had). I think the Swiss would have given it a nutty flavor. Very good, and I will be making these again (withdSwiss). Thanks Michele for posting a wonderful recipe.