Recipe by RubyImage
This is one of my "dumpster" recipes. I call it that because we just "dumped" in things we found in the fridge! One of those end of the week "this is all we have" meals! I call it a "stir fry" because we made it in the wok but we cooked the squash down. You could serve over rice for a real Asian feel if you wanted.
- 1 lb smoked link sausage (kielbasa, turkey sausage, etc)
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausage into 1/4" "rounds" (like disks).
- Slice squash width wise (like discs).
- Cut Onion into rings.
- Microwave onions and squash covered for 3 minutes (or until preferred doneness - this is just to save cook time in the skillet).
- Brown sausage in margarine (we like it browned til crispy/crusty on the outside).
- Add squash and onions.
- Mix well (we like the squash and onions to be caramelized).
- Add salt and pepper to taste (the sausage is already salty so salt may not even be needed!).
- Serve piping hot! Variation: Serve over fried rice!