Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes with vegetable oil.
- Press into 9x12-inch baking dish for crust.
- Bake at 450°F for 10-15 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown.
- Brown sausage and drain fat, sprinkle over potato crust, distributing evenly among pans. Sprinkle onions over sausage and cheese over onions.
- Combine eggs, milk, and salt and divide mixture evenly. Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Bake at 450°F until firm and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- * For ham and potato quiche, substitute ham for sausage.