Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of those basic dishes that you can spiff up in anyway you please. You can add cheese, veggies or anything that you like to make it more savory for a main course dinner. I can think of about a 10 herbs that would taste great in this depending on what meats and vegetables you use.
- 1 (8 ounce) package brown and serve sausages (or any other cooked meats and/or vegetables that you like)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Grease bottom of an 8 inch baking pan.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, oil, four and salt until smooth.
- Pour batter into the greased pan and top with meat (and anyother leftovers you would like to use) Bake 35 minutes.
- We serve this with maple syrup or molasses when we use the breakfast sausage, but I imagine that mustard, ketchup or other condiments would be more appropriate for different types of"toppings".
husband and i made it for a quick dinner...it was wonderful. used maple breakfast sausages, and some leftover bacon, with a bit of shredded chedder on top..Absolutly delicious!We did forgetthe oil (oops) but it didnt seem to make an appreciable differance,possibly because our choice of meats ..We'll remember the oil next time, and see how it goes. Edit: This also reheats BEAUTIFULLY ( I did it in the microwave ), for a quick and easy out the door breakfast on those mornings when you dont have time to cook ( I never do ) and cereal just won't cut it. Hope this helps :o)
Ok, I made this again and added some more stuff! Wow! I would highly recommend adding one can of diced pinapples and some bacon. Mmmmmm... Tastes like ham & pinapple pizza. I love this recipe.
This is a five star outstanding recipe because it is so delicious, and versatile. I made it for a nice Sunday breakfast this morning. It packs the punch and the flavor of a big egg breakfast, but is a LOT LESS time consuming. The spices and Herbs I added to the batter mix were chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley. The sausage I used were microwaved, pre-cooked sausage patties. In addition to the sausage, I added Honey ham, bacon, and shredded chedder cheese. It came out truly wonderdul!