Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Olive Garden Recipe Card. I love Italian Sausage & Peppers. I love pasta. È un'unione fatta nel cielo!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet sausages or 1 1⁄2 lbs hot Italian sausages, links
- 1 1⁄3 cups green bell peppers, seeded & cut into 1 x 1/4 strips
- 28 ounces Italian-style tomatoes (including liquid) or 28 ounces plum tomatoes (including liquid)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup basil, fresh, chopped finely, firmly packed
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb ziti pasta or 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- BAKE sausage links in oven for 20 minutes or until completely cooked. Cut sausages in half lengthwise; then cut into 1/2" slices. Result will be semi-circles of sausage. Set aside.
- SAUTE pepper slices in olive oil until their crispness is lost, but not soft.
- CHOP tomatoes or use a food processor on “pulse”; do not puree tomatoes.
- COMBINE chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, olive oil and fresh basil in sauce pan. Bring to a simmer. Add sausage pieces and stir well.
- TRANSFER cooked, drained pasta to large serving platter. Top with sausage & pepper marinara mixture.
- GARNISH with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
This is one of my husbands' favorite meal at the Olive Garden. He loved this recipe. Excellent!!!