Recipe by AuntMare
I found this recipe on the back of a store-brand bag of egg noodles. The name sounded so old-fashioned and the ingredients looked so simple, I couldn't help but try it. I used turkey sausage because my family prefers it. Actually I halved the recipe and it was plenty for the 4 us with some left over.
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb smoked sausage, 1/4-inch slices
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sautee vegetables and oregano in butter for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sausage, cover and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and half Parmesan cheese.
- Add noodles and toss.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.