Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that my boss brings into work all the time. It's a big hit with everyone in the office.
- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 2 cups pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces French onion dip
- 30 ounces frozen shredded hash browns
- In skillet, cook the sausage until brown. Drain well.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, chicken soup, sour cream, French onion dip,salt and pepper.
- Fold in thawed hash browns. Mix well.
- Spread 1/2 of the hash brown mixture in bottom of 9x13" greased pan (or you can use PAM).
- Spread 1/2 of the browned sausage over the hash browns.
- Bake @ 350 approximately 1 hour until golden brown.
- (I cover with foil the first 1/2 hour to avoid over cooking the sausage on top.).
We tried this recipe to use up stuff in our fridge and it was great! I only had half a bag of hash browns so I halved the recipe and it was plenty for the two of us with leftovers.
I made this for our small group. They loved it. I had a 16 oz of french onion dip. so i just used that with less sour cream and it was very very good.
Fixed this for our church breakfast and it went over "GREAT"! I found it very easy to make. Only thing is I added onions as I love them in everything!