Recipe by TasteTester
This is a recipe I found in Better Homes & Gardens. I tried it recently and everyone really enjoyed it, especially with the fresh apple & zucchini taste. The recipe calls for broiling the kabobs, but we cooked them outside on the grill.
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or 3 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces packaged precooked smoked sausage or 12 ounces kielbasa, bias cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 apple, cored, cut in 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces crusty bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 skewers (metal or wooden)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare using metal or wooden skewers. If using wooden ones, soak in water for 30 minutes before using.
- Into a bowl stir mustard into honey.
- On four 12-inch skewers alternately thread sausage, apples, and zucchini, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Brush with some of the honey-mustard; reserve remaining honey-mustard. Place on rack of broiler pan or on grill. (If using broiler, place 4-5 inches from heat.) Cook for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread bread on four 12-inch skewers; lightly brush with olive oil. Add bread skewers to broiler or grill; turn sausage skewers. Cook for 3 more minutes or until sausage is heated through and bread is toasted, turning bread once. Serve with reserved honey-mustard.