Recipe by MountainCook
This recipe came from some friends named Lola and Jesse, from Vogelweh, Germany back in 1987. We make them EVERY time we go camping, and often at home, too. They freeze well, and can be reheated in the microwave for a quick take-along breakfast. Make it healthier by using whole-wheat or low-carb tortillas.
- 453.59 g breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 7 eggs
- 473.18 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 12 flour tortillas (8-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, crumble the sausage (I use Jimmy Dean) and saute together with the onion.
- Add chili powder; mix.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring, until eggs are done.
- Use eggs and cheese as filling for quesadillas. Spoon onto flour tortilla, fold in half and brown lightly on on each side.